Tackle heavy-duty construction, automotive, agricultural, or industrial projects with the hard-hitting power of this Estwing soft face sledge hammer. Designed and built for heavy-duty use, this hammer features a 8 lb. forged alloy steel head that is case hardened and then tempered to reduce it's striking end hardness to within 30-35 HRC.
The resulting softer head helps it mushroom when striking harder materials and thus prevent damage to struck objects making it ideal for projects where a regular sledge hammer would seriously damage or break the struck work piece. This head is mounted to a 30-inch long, indestructible handle that consists of an ergonomic shock-absorbing vulcanized rubber handle overlay that hides 6 spring steel bars that run its full length providing exceptional overstrike protection in addition to additional impact force.
Steel locking plates and a specialized bonding process secure the head to the handle and ensure that it never loosens. For added confidence and convenience when working and for storage the handle also has a steel reinforced lanyard hole at the base to allow for a wrist strap or hanging loop to be attached without fear that it will tear free over time from wear.
- VERSATILE - 30-inch handled tool provides hard hitting power; ideal for construction, automotive, and industrial use
- FORGED HEAD - 10-pound hammer head is forged from alloy steel, induction case hardened and then tempered to reduce hardness to 30-35 HRC
- INDESTRUCTIBLE HANDLE - Indestructible handle has 6 spring steel bars that run all the way through the handle under the rubberized overlay
- LOCKED HEAD - Steel locking plates and special bonding process locks the head in place and ensures that it never loosens
- VULCANIZED RUBBER - Vulcanized rubber handle overlay is ozone resistant for use in tough outside environments
- SHOCK ABSORBING - Ergonomic rubber handle provides comfortable grip to reduce fatigue and also absorb vibrations
- REINFORCED LANYARD HOLE - Steel reinforced lanyard hole for wrist strap or hanging loop won't tear through over time