Drive posts and railroad ties, seat heavy agriculture or mining equipment components and perform heavy construction projects with the hard hitting power of this Estwing soft face sledge hammer. Designed and built for heavy-duty use, this hammer features a 10 lb. forged alloy steel head that is case hardened and then tempered to reduce it's striking end hardness to within 30-35 HRC.
The resulting softer head helps it mushroom when striking harder materials and thus prevent damage to struck objects making it ideal for projects where a regular sledge hammer would seriously damage or break the struck work piece. This head is mounted to a 30-inch long, indestructible handle that consists of an ergonomic shock-absorbing vulcanized rubber handle overlay that hides 6 spring steel bars that run its full length providing exceptional overstrike protection in addition to additional impact force.
Steel locking plates and a specialized bonding process secure the head to the handle and ensure that it never loosens. For added confidence and convenience when working and for storage the handle also has a steel reinforced lanyard hole at the base to allow for a wrist strap or hanging loop to be attached without fear that it will tear free over time from wear.
- VERSATILE - 30-inch handled tool provides hard hitting power; ideal for construction, automotive, and industrial use
- FORGED HEAD - 10-pound hammer head is forged from alloy steel, induction case hardened and then tempered to reduce hardness to 30-35 HRC
- INDESTRUCTIBLE HANDLE - Indestructible handle has 6 spring steel bars that run all the way through the handle under the rubberized overlay
- LOCKED HEAD - Steel locking plates and special bonding process locks the head in place and ensures that it never loosens
- VULCANIZED RUBBER - Vulcanized rubber handle overlay is ozone resistant for use in tough outside environments
- SHOCK ABSORBING - Ergonomic rubber handle provides comfortable grip to reduce fatigue and also absorb vibrations
- REINFORCED LANYARD HOLE - Steel reinforced lanyard hole for wrist strap or hanging loop won't tear through over time